Friday, July 8, 2011

transition...again!


Curious. What are some of your coping strategies for transition? I wrote a few of mine in my last entry, but I would be interested to hear what ones you implement in your life as you navigate transition.

Lately, I've been feeling off kilter with all the transition in my life at present, which encompasses what feels like almost every area. Housing. Relationships. Job/income. Desire. Dreams. Direction.

Typically, I am an organised person who plans ahead. I execute very well...
However, this is a season, as I am discovering, where there just isn't a grace to plan. How do I know this? Because each time I try....it doesn't work out. Ha ha ha. So, I am learning how to work well and adjust in the midst of the last minute, the up in the air, the not yet, the I don't know, the wait and see.

What's fun about this is seeing the fact that there is OPPORTUNITY in transition.
To demonstrate: this is my second trip to LA in a month! Both of which transpired very suddenly and without me planning ahead for them. FUN. I love it.

This transition has also exposed some of my vulnerabilities that I need to address and overcome. One of them being allowing circumstance to unsettle me. Ha ha ha.
Just because I don't know what's next or what or who lies ahead, doesn't mean that I HAVE to feel unsettled or lack rootedness. My inner structure/world is actually more substantial than my outer. Yet, (vulnerable moment) I've let my outer structure (ie circumstance) interfere with the stability of my inner world as of late. It's time to change my mind.

So although transition isn't my favorite right now, it actually creates opportunities for me that I would not have planned for or envisioned, and it exposes vulnerabilities and wrong mindsets that need to be changed. All in all, its a great opportunity to be developed and to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment