Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Transition


Oh transition....I am growing wearisome of that word. but never has it been more fitting. sigh.

Typically, I'm the plan ahead type...BUT what a funny season it has been of it being the time of the up in the air and last minute and unexpecteds. And God showing up in the eleventh hour with an entourage of ridiculous goodness.

My roommate heads north this week. I have no idea whether I am staying in this place or moving into somewhere new. The thought of moving is not inspiring. Yet somehow the status quo seems strangely unappealing too.

It would be lovely to have a sense of the next step...but I don't. So for now in the midst of transition, uncertainty and unknowns...I am following peace.

I know there is a sweetness to be found in every season... and every now and then I catch glimpses of it. but not going to lie. it would be nice to know the next step instead of having just enough light for the step i am on.

I've been thinking...what is it in the human spirit that as we press in for breakthrough and then experience it in specific ways, that can at times cause us to grow dissatisfied with what we've just tasted and cause us to hunger deeply for even more or greater breakthrough? i think its both dangerous and yet commendable. truth in tension.

I think the rain has turned my thoughts melancholy. Something that a good nights sleep should be able to remedy.




No comments:

Post a Comment