Sunday, March 20, 2011

Meditations


We are reading a new book in class. It's Kris Vallotton's latest book Heavy Rain. He said something in the text that got me thinking about relationships that I've been musing on and also seeing manifest in my own life personally.

Ultimately, authentic relationships expose our vulnerabilities/insecurities, but without relationship our access to revelation and the power to transform are severely limited.
So there's this tension of do I really want others to see my areas of weakness, insecurity and vulnerability for fear of rejection? But if I don't open myself up and make myself vulnerable and fail to risk the prospect of being rejected, I don't get to access new revelation that brings transformation so that I can walk into even greater wholeness.

I choose wholeness. Even when it hurts to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment