Wednesday, September 9, 2009

honour or honor....its the same value wherever you go even if its spelled differently....


I arrived in Redding, California last Thursday and moved into my apartment the next day. It's nice to unpack everything after living from boxes and suitcases for the last 5 months.

We headed to the services at Bethel on Friday night, the Saturday Healing Rooms and the sunday night service.

As I was listening to the message on Sunday night by Paul Manwaring, the Lord began to speak to me further about this concept of honour that I've been learning about for the last number of months.

Paul referenced Exodus 20:12 which states:

"Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the Lord your God is giving you"


I feel that this also refers to anyone who occupies a place of authority or covering in your life. As I began to meditate on this further I felt the Lord was beginning to unravel some additional revelation about the importance of honour, and walking in a culture of honour.
Living a life of honour is in itself life-giving. Thus, when we are intentional about honouring the people in our lives who occupy a place of authority...it creates life around us, in us, through us, for us, and imparts it to others. You see the promise above about honouring our authorities that it may go well with us in the land and that we might live a full life as a result of it, isn't just about a long term promise. It's a promise that is relevant here and now, in the present.
The Lord showed me that in the absence of honour, life is threatened and in fact destroyed. And I can speak first hand of this. I experienced a season where I did not give rightful honour to one of my leaders and consequently, I ended up dwelling in a desert season.I regret that entirely...and live with conviction that honour is something that I must live by all the days of my life.

Honour releases, calls and carves out life...not just for me personally, but all those in my sphere of influence.

Honour....it is the way forward and I embrace it whole heartedly.

1 comment: