Sunday, August 8, 2010

New Art!







The painting to the top I call: New Day.It is a reminder of Jesus' words in Revelation 21 "Behold I make all things new". There is new light, and illumination entering our lives at this time. It's a dawning kind of illumination...the kind of light one beholds as a new day begins to emerge from the shadows of the night. This kind of illumination is so bright that it causes us to forget the former things. We come to a place where we realize that "the darkness is passing and the true light is already shining" 1 John 2:8). In Him is life and that life is the LIGHT of all men. John 1:4

The image below it is a duplicate of one I created on a recent ministry trip and I was inspired to give away. The original picture captured an open heaven over the congregation we were sharing with. But it also revealed God's eye in the middle of the storm. In a similar way, I feel this depicts a storm of activity. But in the 'eye' of the storm, we find God. He gives us peace in the middle of the storm. Indeed, "I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you shall go: I will guide you with my eye", Psalm 32:8. With His eye directing us and keeping watch over us we need not fear the storms around us.

Both pictures are 16 x 20 with acrylic and oil pastel mixes.
I am selling them to raise funds for ministry school.
$100 each, not including shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment